Monday, July 1, 2013

Before I die, I want to

Before I die, I want to see my daughters to grow up to be confident, kind, successful, smart, and happy people.  I want to see them establish and nurture their families, follow their personal dreams, and be successful professionals. 

Before I die, I want to know that the students who have walked through my classroom have found and used their voice, love reading, can write powerfully, and accept others for who they are. 

Before I die, I want to return to Germany, visit Hawaii, travel to Australia, and tour Great Britain. 

Before I die, I want to know that I have grown in my faith, answered God's call as well as humanly possible, and will enter into God's presence to hear, "Well done; you did the best that you could do." 

Before I die, I want to know that the ones I love will be filled with a sense of my love in their hearts, will be comforted by their memories of me, and will be comforted in their (short) grief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment