Monday, June 24, 2013

Getting Started/Becoming A Writer

The first steps to becoming a writer sound easy to me--read and write.  I always have a stack of books waiting to be read, and I spend a lot of time with words.  Here's to making time to do both daily this summer!

I have been the best at keeping a journal/writer's notebook when I write with my students.  In the last two years, I have gotten away from daily journaling.  I had fun looking at the Eco Jot Notebooks Kate suggested.  I picked one out for me and two for the girls.  We'll see how carrying it with me works.  Hopefully, I can also teach them young to get into the habit.   I'm collecting my writing in response to Teachers Write! in this blog. So I am also wondering if technology would work for me as a journal.  My habits might change this summer, but more often than not, I have a phone or device with me instead of a journal and pencil. 

Why is writing important to me?  Writing is important to me because it gives me a chance to think about what to think and records thoughts and ideas so I can remember them.



No comments:

Post a Comment